Monday, April 3, 2017

Announcements

Did you know I’m on Patreon? Of course not, because I have never mentioned it before. “But why?” I hear some of you asking. Well, because for one thing I have been trying to figure out all the nuances of the site, to maximize my ability to use it. And, more importantly, I really really really suck at self-promotion. This may shock you, for real for once, but despite the fact that I post my thoughts onto the internet for all the world to see, I am at times nearly petrified with anxiety when it comes to talking about myself and/or my semi-professional semi-hobby of blogging. Example, when I was in College, friends would ask me questions about myself after I’d had a few age appropriate drinks. That was the only way to get info out of me. But, I’m getting a little off task. Yes, I’m on Patreon, here’s the link  https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2761062. To start, I’m offering to my patrons’ early access to posts, starting now, and preferential treatment when it comes to things like requests. I’ll add more rewards as we go along. Got to keep things interesting for you folks. All I’m asking for is one dollar a month, from those who feel like supporting. No pressure, even if you can’t/don’t want to support Basics of Superheroes financially, you’ll still get access to my content, just a little later. Also, feel free to like, and share my posts. The more viewers, the merrier I’ll be.

Now that the self-promotion is out of the way, let’s move onto the new-new viewer log series, My Hero Academia. You’re probably asking yourself, why are we switching to this when you’re already in the middle of Iron Fist? Well, for one thing, I’ve been too busy/exhausted from my paying job to have time to sit down, watch and take notes on the show. For another, I had already been planning on doing My Hero Academia for a few weeks now, and actually have most of the posts already queued up and ready to go. And for a third, I really really really need this show to keep going. “Another show you really really really need to keep going?” You may be saying with a sarcastic eye roll. To which I reply, yes, another one. This anime is probably my favorite of 2016, and I’d hate to see it stop before it gets to the really good bits. I’ve read the manga too, so I can say with certainty that the stuff to come will look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G animated. Just saying. So yeah, that’s why Iron Fist is being paused for the time being.

As it stands, I don’t think any network is airing My Hero Academia, but the entire first season can be found at Funimation.com. You can watch the first season with subtitles for free, or, for a five dollar a month subscription, watch the entire first season dubbed. I pay the five bucks, it’s a good deal, since you can also watch all the other dubbed titles that Funimation has to offer. Considering they are one of the biggest dubbing companies in the world, that’s a lot of anime. I think that’s enough preamble/self-promoting. Next time, My Hero Academia episode 1. Available right now for patrons. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment