Friday, February 19, 2016

Slowing down, but never stopping

So I guess it’s time to let you all in on the sad news. So, even after nearly two months at my position as a City Carrier’s Assistant at the Minnetonka Post Office, I’m still being run ragged. I’m averaging six days a week, and upwards of fifty hours per week. Which makes me laugh when I’m continually being told that my position is “part time.” Anyone else feel like that that is a total bunch of hogwash? Yep, I thought so. Because of this more extreme workload, I’m afraid that Theme Weeks are going to be put on hold for a little while.
Most days, I’ve got maybe four hours of free time per day. It’s surprisingly stressful and mentally demanding work that leaves me pretty drained by the end of a day. I’ve also got a writers group that I’m trying to remain a part of, and my novel that I’m trying to finish. So yeah, not a huge amount of time to devote to my blog. Much less enough time to devote to creating seven posts more-or-less in a row. Even my shortest posts take at least two to three hours to write up a draft for. Don’t worry, I’m not shutting this thing down or anything. I’ll still be doing my best to give you all at least five posts per month. Hopefully, as I get more used to my position, I’ll reach the point where I’m NOT working 50 hours a week, and thus have more time to devote this again. Here’s hoping, anyway. 
I love talking about heroes and villains, and I really love knowing that I have folks like you that want to read my ramblings. Honestly, if I could figure out a way for this blog to generate an actual revenue stream, I’d quit my job and work on this full time. But, given that over the last year I’ve generated a grand total of 5 dollars, that seems kind of impossible. Stranger things have happened. I’m not sure what I’m going to do next, but expect at least one more post before February ends. Have a good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment